Monday, January 3, 2011

Evil Seductress (prose version)

Oh, yeah- me an Evil Seductress. I can just see it: Carla, modest, soft-spoken professional by day, Evil Seductress by night. *laughs*

I’m not. But, y’know I could be... And most people know it, too. She’s a clever escape artist, my alter-ego is. I try to keep her under lock and key, but she’s... well, she’s not only evil, she’s magic. Restraints are of little use.

And yes, yes, she’s a bona fide Evil Seductress. We shall call her Garnet. Garnet and Carla inhabit the same body. The sensible and well-behaved Carla is at the wheel most of the time, but Garnet is an effective back-seat driver.

I’m alone in the house right now.... so I think it’s safe... *sound of key turning, rusty hinges creaking*

“I’ve had a request...” says Carla.

“And you’re actually giving in to it?” Garnet perks up at the prospect of Carla considering some sort of temptation.

“Well, it’s basically harmless.” Carla replies.

Garnet smiles with anticipation. ‘It’s basically harmless’ means the door is wide open.

“I just want you to write something on the subject of Seduction, that’s all.” says Carla, trying to dampen Garnet’s obvious enthusiasm, “Who better than an Evil Seductress to expound on that theme?”

“Ok.” says Garnet. “Let me at it. Go take a nap, or polish your sensible shoes or something. Shoo!”

“Ah, seduction!” Garnet hisses gleefully, rubs her hands together, and sits down at the computer.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Garnet types excitedly, producing the following missive:*

"She never lets me have any fun. For instance, we agree to splurge on a new dress from Victoria’s Secret (my favorite catalog), and we look fantastic in it, but Carla doesn’t want to wear it because she thinks it makes her look too good! Imagine that! Other women our age would kill to look like that, and she wants to hide it! *snorts derisively*

And don’t even get me started on make-up. Always going for that ‘natural’ look. Heaven forbid that we would go for the ‘sexy’ look! *rolls eyes*

But... oh... yeah, Seduction. Hmm.. where should I start? All of this is fantasy, of course, because Carla would never really let me seduce anyone. And since it’s a fantasy, I suppose I can use my magic....

I’ll start by selecting a victim. Hmm... lots of potential victims. Young ones, like those teenage boys who stare at us when they come with their mother to the pharmacy. What is it with them? They must not think I notice. Or maybe they’re hoping I do. Yeah, I could go for one of those...

Then there are the men who give me that smitten look. They’re older than the teenagers, but usually younger than me. It’s not a crass look, such as the leer a man might give to a woman with large breasts, but more of a worshipful look. A “Wow!” look. Like that guy in my poem “Crowded Sidewalk.” Or the guitar player at the Open Mic a few days ago. They’d be easy prey. They’re already half-way there...

Internet victims would be easy. Almost too easy. Carla doesn’t know it, but I sneak seduction into her writing. She tries to tone it down, but it doesn’t work. Makes it all the more alluring, actually. *smiles*

Ok, a victim. It doesn’t matter. Any one of the above. Or better yet, we’ll do them all. One at a time, of course... but for now let’s pretend it’s you.

It’s evening. A quiet, sophisticated lounge somewhere. I, the Evil Seductress await you. Sexy. Stunning. Of course. I said I’d meet you, and here I am, sipping tonic water. Ah, there you are, baby. Come give me a hug. You’ve never been hugged by an Evil Seductress before, have you? Don’t be nervous.

Let me order you a drink. I like my prey to be relaxed. You’ll find it’s easier that way.

Talk to me. Talking is easy, once you get going. I’m a good listener. I make you smile, I make you laugh. I make you feel comfortable. Alcohol gives you a push, and you’re falling...

C’mon, look at me. No resistance. Good. In my eyes you see everything that I am. I am beautiful and nurturing. I am humorous and light-hearted. I am tantalizing.... yeah, baby, reach for my hand, just like that.

But don’t stop talking... I want to know all about you. It feels good. Just to talk. Just to look into my eyes. Succumb to desire... that’s what I want... but I don’t betray my intentions yet.

It’s time to go. Getting late. Walking out. Yeah, baby, put your arm around me, just like that. Take me home. Come inside. I pretend you’re going to leave. I know you’re not.

A kiss ‘good night.’ Mmm... hug me tight, touch me. That's it... bare skin...

Kisses, warm and hard.

“Wanna stay?” I whisper. Of course you do. You can’t resist the Evil Seductress."

______________________________________________________________________

“Ok, Garnet, that’s enough.”

“But I was just getting to the good part!”

“Enough is enough. Back inside” *clank of door slamming, key turning.*

“You never let me have any fun!”
.

No comments:

Post a Comment